Sunday, January 23, 2022

The Deathworld Trilogy

image from Amazon


The Deathworld Trilogy is a compilation in one volume of Deathworld, Deathworld 2, and Deathworld 3 by Harry Harrison. It's great fun, and I can recommend it if you like science fiction of the alien planet adventure sort.

from the back of the book:

THE DEADLIEST PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE
Five minutes in a meadow on Pyrrus is like a century of global war on other worlds, for Pyrrus is a Killer World -a planet where all life, plant and animal, has evolved into lethal terrors, where all humanity lives barricaded in one fortress city.

Jason dinAlt is a gambler, about to start the most dangerous game of his life. Where but Pyrrus would he go?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read these, I did read his Stainless Steel Rat, it was more adventure and not as thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Stainless Steel Rat series is a riot, isn't it! The man had a good touch.

      Delete
  2. Killer plants and animals? Okay, as long as there are no zombies

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...quite a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes this is in Mr. M's library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't remember having read them before, but they were fun reads.

      Delete
  5. I think this would be right up my husband's alley. I'll pass it onto him. Hope your Sunday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wishing my TV fireplace screensaver put out heat ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh, my goodness, and a Trilogy, too.
    It´s "Corinna"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like a trilogy to keep me busy during these days ;)

      Delete
  7. I think I remember these from years ago. Can't remember too much about them, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget things -books and movies- and then remember them only after I've gotten into them again lol

      Delete