Friday, October 01, 2021

Darling (2015)

 Darling is a 2015 American psychological horror film. IMDb describes it as "A lonely girl's violent descent into madness." I like horror films that explore madness, and this is a good one. It might remind you of Repulsion, if you've seen that.

I watched it at tubi TV. Here's a trailer:


The Hollywood Reporter praises Carter's performance. AV Club calls it "audaciously stylish". Dread Central calls it "a gripping slow-burn of a film" and says, "Beyond its foremost appeal as art house eye-candy, Darling’s perfectly cast players notably elevate the story to something we can really care about. No talent is wasted here..."

18 comments:

  1. ...many are descending into madness these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but this is madness of a different sort.

      Delete
  2. That looks good. Tonight we're finishing up "Midnight Mass". Thanks for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad to find Midnight Mass. Stunning on several levels, I think it would reward re-watching and discussion.

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked this one, now it's October I hope you'll be watching lots of horror as I know how much you enjoy it 😀. Wishing you a Happy October and weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October is starting as it should: a bit cooler and rainy :) In the mood!

      Delete
  4. She looks like she's already been driven mad. I like psychological thrillers. I might look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Tubi link still works if you can watch on a computer.

      Delete
  5. Yes this is a very good one about madness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so impressed by Repulsion that now I look for horror films that deal with the subject.

      Delete
  6. I think I'll give this one a miss, it sounds scary! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madness is scary at the best of times, and it makes good material for a horror film.

      Delete
  7. repulsion was pretty good but this one ight be too scary for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Repulsion is better, and I think Darling is probably scarier. I liked them both, though.

      Delete
  8. Don't think this one will be for me.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete