Friday, October 22, 2021

The Invitation

The Invitation is a 2016 horror film. I watched it on Netflix, but it looks like it's gone from there now. You can watch it on Tubi.

trailer:


The Guardian calls it an "elegant film that treats its audience like adults and gets the payoff it deserves." Roger Ebert's site says, "“The Invitation” is a dinner-party-from-hell scenario best served as unspoiled as possible. After all, a psychological thriller built upon slow-simmering tension is only as good as its surprises." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 88%.

19 comments:

  1. ...not my kind of invitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a reason not to accept just every invitation that comes our way lol

      Delete
  2. I like psychological thrillers, so I may try to find this one. Thanks for the link, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many kinds of "horror" -something for (almost) everybody ;)

      Delete
  4. I had to watch the trailer to remind myself what this one is. I own it and I do like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that, forget whether I've seen something 'til I see a trailer or start watching it again.

      Delete
  5. I can't keep up with you! 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds pretty good. I get Tubi, so will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know I prefer the mystery solving detective type shows. Not one to watch the scary stuff. I knew you'd have plenty in October--LOL! But I pass on them, my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a month of comedies... maybe during a really short month ;)

      Delete
    2. That sounds like fun! Love some of the old black and white comedies. Great idea. :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds good, I'll try to get hold of it over here! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't figure out availability. Even here it makes no sense to me.

      Delete
  9. Sometimes it is very nice to receive an invitation ... but perhaps not this one!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's important to know which ones not to accept, I guess ;)

      Delete