Friday, October 15, 2021

Boys in the Trees

Boys in the Trees is a 2016 horror/dark fantasy Australian film, a coming-of-age movie with bullying elements.



The Guardian says, "it’s a film exploring childhood regret: in particular, how petty schoolyard games can fracture friendships." Horror News says, "The story and characters are so intriguing, it’s really easy to get lost in this film. This can be credited to the beautiful writing style of Nicholas Verso which allows the dialogue and style of the film to flow effortlessly."

Most Rotten Tomatoes critics like it.

12 comments:

  1. That clown you showed already has me afraid. Not a fan, so a movie about clowns for me would be the biggest horror film ever. Even if they made me laugh. Ha-ha. Happy Friday! Have a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clowns aren't usually my thing either.

      Delete
  2. ...bullying should be an in thing these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does make a good subject for horror.

      Delete
  3. I hat bullies and bullying. Not sure if I have time to watch it now, but maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the sound of this one, I hate bullying! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't come across much Australian horror.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I have seen this one. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting to see a horror film that focuses on a problem so current in the news.

      Delete