Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse is a 2019 award-winning psychological horror film starring Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe. Dafoe is good in everything he does and worth looking for. This ain't your typical anything. Definitely different. I watched it on Amazon Prime.

trailer:



The Guardian calls it "a sublime maritime nightmare". The Chicago Tribune says, "I’d see it a second time for any number of reasons".

Vulture has a positive review. Indiewire calls it a "gripping psychodrama". Vox says it's "easily one of the wildest films of the year".

Roger Ebert's site says, "It has the feel of watching someone else’s nightmare, and it’s not one that’s going to end well." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 90%.

16 comments:

  1. ...I love lighthouse, but I'm not sure of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when this came out. I didn't want to see it but it did sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to expect. It surprised me.

      Delete
  3. It's too bad I don't have Prime, although this does sound a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix and Prime are where I spend a lot of time lol

      Delete
  4. This looks good. I'm a Dafoe fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great... scrary... ummm. I want to watch! But reckon it´ll take years to get here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes things show up quicker than I expect, and sometimes things take forever to get where I can see them.

      Delete
  6. I saw this and it was something else! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very good, I'll see if I can get it on Amazon here! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This film sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it. I'm not sure if I am confusing it with something else. It sounds interesting and I like Defoe. I sometimes don't think I can see Pattison as anyone other than a vampire. Happy start to your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how often I can't remember if I've seen a thing until I see part of a trailer.

      Delete