Saturday, April 25, 2020

Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane is a 2009 fantasy adventure film inspired by the Robert E. Howard character. Imdb has this description: "A ruthless mercenary renounces violence after learning his soul is bound for hell. When a young girl is kidnapped and her family slain by a sorcerer's murderous cult, he is forced to fight and seek his redemption slaying evil." If you like fantasy/adventure films you'll like this.

trailer:



The Hollywood Reporter calls it "a powerful, high-spirited romp". The Guardian says, "This 16th-century sword and sorcery epic is action-packed and commendably serious". HorrorNews.net has screenshots and says, "The film is well done and nicely paced for any fan of action, adventure and fantasy."



12 comments:

  1. This sounds so familiar, but I don’t remember seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it, but my younger son suggested it.

      Delete
  2. ...if it's ok, I listen to Solomon Burke's music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Burke. I'll hafta look him up. Thx!

      Delete
  3. Looks rather fascinating and wild. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good film. Enjoy your day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize for not visiting sooner. I was awakened yesterday by such a loud noise, it shook my entire house. It also knocked my electricity out for over 20 hours. Then I couldn't get on the internet, but AT&T was FINALLY able to reset my internet from their facility (for a change).

    I've never heard of this one and I'm not sure it sound like something I would really want to watch. I'm already quite depressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hero tale of a sort.

      We've had some loud thunder and wind! But the tornadoes passed us by and we didn't lose electricity. 20 hours! That's too long when grocery trips are not frequent :(

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great adventure and action movie, I know my sister would love this! Thanks for the recommendation 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing those old stories adapted so well for film :)

      Delete