Monday, April 27, 2020

Cthulhu (2007)

Cthulhu is a 2007 film inspired by a novella by H.P. Lovecraft. I tried to watch it but gave up half-way through having given up hope that anything would ever actually happen. It got some good notices, though, so I'm sure it would reward a complete viewing, but I'm not going back to it. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

trailer:


Dread Central gives it 5 out of 5 stars and says, "The experience of watching this film was as perfect a translation of modern times through the lens of Lovecraft as I have ever seen attempted". Rotten Tomatoes had 62% of their critics give it positive reviews.

12 comments:

  1. Not today, thank you! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the Nay Parade 😺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Lovecraft but am not familiar with any of his work. I wonder if the written story is any better than the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Much, much better. I love his written work :)

      Delete
  4. I'll take your word for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I don't think we're missing anything, but it has fans.

      Delete
  5. ...Cthulhu, a strange grouping of letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pronounced exactly like it's spelled. We must not question The Old Ones.

      Delete