Thursday, April 02, 2020

Light the Fuse... Sartana Is Coming

Light the Fuse... Sartana Is Coming (also known as Cloud of dust... cry of death... Sartana is coming and Gunman in Town and Run, Man, Run... Sartana's in Town) is a 1970 spaghetti western. The names of these movies are only one of the things to love.



Spaghetti-Western.net has a plot description. Their review begins:
The fourth and last Sartana movie with Garko, and no doubt the most crack-brained of them all. Sartana is equipped with a new array of weapons and gadgets, including a miniature robot in the form of a totem, called Alfie, who can be programmed to kill. Sartana is looking for half a million of gold and two million dollars of counterfeit money, embezzled by a former friend...
Here's Alfie:

12 comments:

  1. Too bad Alfie is so dangerous because he kind of looks like a tiki face. I haven't seen this western, but you have inspired me to find one to watch now that we've wrapped up the series the hubby and I were watching. I am especially enjoying some of these recommendations now that it is all about stay home. Happy April 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes a useful toy to have around ;) Most of the spaghetti westerns are fun. We like the Man with No Name trilogy, and the Django movies, too.

      Delete
  2. ...I wish that the current mess would go away by merely lighting a fuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this has even taken away our ability for mass protests. And his cult members are loud and proud and want him re-elected. I just posted the Decembrists' "Everything Is Awful" on Facebook, coz everything _is_ awful :(

      Delete
  3. I might start these if I get bored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want mindless entertainment, spaghetti westerns have a lot to offer lol

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh at the description. After just hearing Poe, while checking some math models, I may need something mindless today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This definitely qualifies as mindless fun lol

      Delete
  5. This makes me cringe!!! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and fun! I've heard of Sartana being described as a kind of Spaghetti Western James Bond since he has great style and also uses lots gadgets and tricks which made me smile 😁. Take care and have a great day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there were only 4 or so of these, and I've always wondered why they didn't spawn a franchise as long as Django's....

      Delete