Friday, April 05, 2019

Django Strikes Again

Django Strikes Again is a 1987 spaghetti western and the only direct sequel to Django. It picks up the  story after a 20 year time span. Franco Nero stars as Django, reprising his role from the 1966 original. Donald Pleasence is also in this.


Images Journal says, "I couldn't help thinking this film belongs in the action/adventure category more than with the Westerns. (Critics frequently compare it with Rambo.)" Fistful of Pasta concludes, "See this one if you must, but be warned this really does not do justice to the name Django by any means." Empire Online calls in "consistently entertaining".

14 comments:

  1. A good Saturday flick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The spaghetti westerns are laid-back fun :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, westerns are not my thing! Nile geese are Egyptian wild geese, and have been settling here over the past years. They look like they are wearing eye makeup! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to avoid westerns, I think mainly because tv was full of them while I was growing up and it got tiresome. They've grown on me :) The markings on those geese are striking! I never know whether or not to enjoy foreign animals or worry about them becoming invasive, but those are so pretty.

      Delete
  3. HMMM! Nice that you found it online, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come and go, but I can usually find some spaghetti westerns available online :)

      Delete
  4. I love that name- spaghetti western. It is perfect for these Italian films, isn't it? happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the perfect way to refer to them lol I remember first hearing the name and doing a double-take.

      Delete
  5. I saw Django Unchained, but this was nothing like that movie. Seems Django went ballistic when he learned about his daughter being kidnapped. All in all, t was a pretty good film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Django Unchained is quite the modern blood-drenched take on it. I like the older Django films better.

      Delete
  6. I used to watch lots of spaghetti westerns-they are fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there are so _many_ of them, most of which are well worth seeing :)

      Delete
  7. I love spaghetti westerns, this one looks quite action packed 😁. Enjoy your week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't beat the spaghetti westerns. Since we have Amazon Prime right now we've been surprised at how many of these are available there.

      Delete