Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Man in the Saddle

Man in the Saddle is a 1951 traditional western film starring Randolph Scott. Cameron Mitchell is also in this movie. I like that the female characters are strong women with stories of their own even though they're both involved in the romance sub-plot. Those old Randolph Scott westerns are classics.


DVD Talk says it "makes for an entertaining 88 minutes with a nice balance of action, romance, and color. The Lone Pine, California locations are put to good use ... the film offers several very good action set pieces" and "the picture is handsomely made". TCM has information.

10 comments:

  1. Love Randolph Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? He's a classic. It's hard to know what westerns would've been like without him.

      Delete
  2. Gosh! I feel like a mushroom (kept in the dark). I'd never heard of Randolph Scott. Foolish me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful film 😁. Have a great day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure he ever made a bad film :)

      Delete
  4. I love Randolph Scott movies-thanks for this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed that "Hugh" was willing to burn down the village to prove his love for Nan - now that's just the kind of commitment that scares most women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't it the truth? Some men just won't take "no" for an answer.

      Delete