Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Justice League

Justice League is a 2017 superhero movie, the next in a series following Batman v Superman. I liked this one better than the previous effort. The acting is just as good, and the action sequences and music are better. It also has more -and more awkward- humor, I think because of complaints of the lack of funny lines in its predecessor. It won't become my favorite superhero movie, but it's certainly better than the one it followed and a lot of fun to watch.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site calls it "light on its feet, sprinting through a super-group's origin story in less than two hours, giving its ensemble lots to do, and mostly avoiding the self-importance that damaged previous entries in this franchise" and "an ensemble adventure that’s nearly as satisfying (and humble in its aims) as the “Avengers” movies". Rotten Tomatoes has an audience score of 74%.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one and I must check it out. I loved Wonder Woman and I see she is in this. I wonder if I can get it on netflix? Hope all is well in your world. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think _everything_ is on Netflix lol

      Delete
  2. Gosh, dear. This is another film I've never heard of. So glad you review these for us to peruse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't see this one as Himself is a Marvel fan. Have to say, Aquaman looks HOT! I'll have to see if this is on pay-per-view or Netflix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had no idea Aquaman could rival Thor's hotness, but Jason Momoa is certainly a good casting choice.

      Delete
  4. Looks great, I've added this one to my list 😁. Thanks for the review and enjoy your day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many of the superhero movies these days! I imagine I'll be seeing all of them at least once ;)

      Delete
  5. This was pretty good! (Yes, rented it from Netflix.) Aquaman was the hottest for me--LOL!

    Yes, so many superhero movies these days. I watch them because McFamily recommends them. Some of them blur together, though, I must admit. I think I see most of them, too. Nice for escape and not thinking too much--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they cast Aquaman well, didn't they :) Superhero movies are a fun entertainment, I agree!

      Delete
  6. i watched this, mainly because of Jason Momoa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent reason. It was a brilliant casting decision, wasn't it!

      Delete