Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Descent

The Descent is a 2005 horror film. A cave-exploring expedition goes terribly, terribly wrong. This one is worth watching.

trailer:



Moria has a positive review. Rolling Stone says it's one of the "20 Scariest Horror Movies You've Never Seen". Empire Online says it's "Brutal, bloody, terrifying, astonishing... And so tense it'll leave you aching."

Roger Ebert says, "Finally, a scary movie with teeth, not just blood and entrails -- a savage and gripping piece of work that jangles your nerves without leaving your brain hanging" and describes it this way: "The titular drop refers to a cave-diving expedition undertaken by six women, but it's also a breathless plummet into the abyss where nightmares are realized, a descent into primal chaos and madness."

DVD Talk says, "this movie works" and calls it "a damned fine flick". Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 85%.

4 comments:

  1. Not sure I'm up for scary this morning, but I might later in the day. I like the idea it has mostly women in it, because so much of the time, men are center stage in all movie genres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see it online anywhere, just a trailer, but the female cast works well.

      Delete
  2. Nope. I think I'd pass on this one. I don't like monster horror stuff in the first place, but even more so than that I have a bit of claustrophobia. Just from the trailer that would bother me more than the monsters--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very claustrophobic! The ending was worth it for me.

      Delete