Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Memphis Flyer Art Boxes


The Memphis Flyer is a free newsweekly, available in racks all over town. I read it both online and in its paper form, since online shows up in my news feed automatically but doesn't included everything. A while back they placed about a dozen specially decorated Flyer vending boxes around town. These are painted by local artists, and picking up a Flyer from one of them is #88 on the I Love Memphis blog list of 365 things to do in Memphis. This box is within walking distance of The Grandmother's apartment, so I went by there on my way home a couple of days ago.

This week's Flyer cover story is about the Shelby County School superintendent's situation as he waits to see if he will be chosen to head up the new unified school district,

No comments:

Post a Comment