Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Irishman

The Irishman (Netflix) is a 2019 American epic gangster film directed and produced by Martin Scorsese. The film is about the life of Frank Sheeran (Robert De Niro), a truck driver who becomes a hitman involved with mobster Russell Bufalino (Joe Pesci) and his crime family before later working for the powerful Teamster Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino). I'm not sure why I watched this, since it's definitely not my thing, but I'm glad I did. It is a riveting and engaging film, not heavy on the action and more focused on character.

trailer:



*******

8 comments:

  1. ...not my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this listed on Netflix, but gangster films aren't usually my thing either. Have a wonderful Sunday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a film outside my comfort zone or preferred genre is what I need.

      Delete
  3. Good movie. I might have to watch this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I like these people? lol And yet the characters are real people.

      Delete
  4. Excellent actors. Enjoyed this. :)

    ReplyDelete