Monday, June 17, 2024

Devil in a Blue Dress

Devil in a Blue Dress (Netflix) is a 1995 neo-noir mystery thriller film based on Walter Mosley's 1990 novel of the same name and features Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals, and Don Cheadle. Set in 1948, the film follows World War II veteran Ezekiel "Easy" Rawlins who, desperately in need of a job, is asked to assist a private investigator. I enjoyed the book it's based on, and I think they did a great job with this adaptation. Reviews are positive.

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. ...and here I always thought that it was Devil in a Red Dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song has a blue dress ;)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXy7qYAKrfc

      Delete
  2. I didn't know the film before - but I think it's worth seeing, especially because of the wonderful vintage cars! And Denzel - still so young...
    All the best and have a good week, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/06/weltreise-2024-5-station-neuseeland.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the vintage clothes. I loved that!

      Delete
  3. You had me at Denzel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this being quite good. Most anything with Denzel in is always good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the books so much I was a bit skittish about this, but now I wish they'd do the other books.

      Delete
  5. I've never seen this but I think I'd like it. A good cast and Mosley gives them good material to start with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the book had me buying the others in the series.

      Delete
  6. I remember the song, but not the book or movie. Great cast, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book and movie are much more recent.

      Delete