Monday, June 24, 2024

Daybreakers

Daybreakers (on Tubi) is a 2009 science-fiction action horror film The film takes place in a futuristic world overrun by vampires, and centers around a vampiric corporation which sets out to capture and farm the remaining humans while researching a substitute for human blood. Ethan Hawke plays vampire hematologist Edward Dalton. Willem Dafoe is also in this, and he is a big draw for me. I enjoyed the movie.

trailer:



Reviews were mixed. Roger Ebert liked the premise but thought there was too much blood.

14 comments:

  1. ...thanks, but no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I like Willem Dafoe, I have to giver this a pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hafta like vampire movies for this one, I think.

      Delete
  3. Vampires have made such a come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to give any vampire movie a try.

      Delete
  4. Several actors I like in this one, but I am so not a vampire fan...hummm. You are tempting me--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to suggest an entry-level vampire movie it wouldn't be this one lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Something a bit different in a vampire movie.

      Delete
  6. Too much blood in a vampire movie? I thought they had to have gallons and gallons of it!
    Do you think vampires are more frequent in current movies than they used to be?
    Asking for a friend… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some reviewers are delicate flowers ;)

      I think movies go in waves. There'll be tone of westerns for a while and then not so many. I think vampires come and go.

      Delete
  7. Never heard of the movie. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete