Thursday, June 27, 2024

Godzilla Minus One

Godzilla Minus One (Netflix) is a 2023 Japanese epic kaiju film produced and distributed by Toho Studios. Set in postwar Japan, it follows a failed kamikaze pilot suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. It is the 37th film in the Godzilla franchise, Toho's 33rd Godzilla film, and the fifth film in the franchise's Reiwa era. Godzilla is a strong franchise that continues to hold up. This is one of the best yet. I was literally counting the days for this to available for me to watch at home. I was not disappointed.

trailer:



*******

12 comments:

  1. ...what a franchise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched a single Godzilla movie but my son-in-law loves them. I probably should watch one. There's certainly a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggest watching the original, where it all started.

      Delete
  3. More of a talking head movie. It started out slow, but did get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not for me, no Godzilla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean I have missed 36 films? I had no idea. I saw a black and white Godzilla movie when I was a kid and that was enough for me--ROFL! But you say this is one of the best ones yet? I might at least put it on my watch list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great chance to revisit the original concept. Granted, some are much better than others, but this one's a winner.

      Delete
  6. OMGosh! I went to add it and saw there's a Godzilla movie with Brain Cranston! Now I have two of them to watch--LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete