Saturday, June 15, 2024

Out of Africa

Out of Africa (Netflix) is an award-winning 1985 epic romantic drama film directed and produced by Sydney Pollack, and starring Meryl Streep (as Karen) and Robert Redford. Also worth noting are Michael Kitchen and Michael Gough. The film is based loosely on the 1937 autobiographical book Out of Africa written by Isak Dinesen (the pseudonym of Danish author Karen Blixen), with additional material from Dinesen's 1960 book Shadows on the Grass and other sources. If you haven't already seen this, you should remedy that situation immediately. Gorgeous, powerful, lyrical...

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. ...this is one of the few movies that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie back then in the cinema with my mother and we were both thrilled - by the actors, the set, by Africa, by the story...
    Every few years I watch the film again when it's on TV.
    All the best and happy weekend, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/06/weltreise-2024-5-station-neuseeland.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a wonderful film! I should watch it more often :)

      Delete
  3. I'm all yours,
    wonderful film. If you missed it, you missed something in life :-))
    A happy greeting to you, the sun is out again after the rain and the coffee is brewed and there is strawberry jelly cake made from freshly picked strawberries.
    Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My patio is over 100F, and I've watered the plants and had my coffee and am eating orange sherbet. Your fresh strawberry cake sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  4. I loved this film! Hapy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s been years since I saw that film. Maybe I should watch it again.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best movies ever made based on a book. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was one that should be seen on the big screen! Epic shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a big screen would definitely add to the experience.

      Delete