Friday, February 03, 2023

The Innkeepers

The Innkeepers is a 2011 haunted house horror film about ghost hunters who work at a hotel that is in its last week of operation. You can watch it on Peacock, Tubi, or Amazon Prime.

trailer:



NPR gives it a positive review and describes it as "lovingly executed experiment in genre minimalism". Roger Ebert closes by saying, "Ghost movies like this, depending on imagination and craft, are much more entertaining than movies that scare you by throwing a cat at the camera."

16 comments:

  1. This is a good fllm! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm amazed by all of the horror films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of horror as blood and gore but this one sounds like it might be up my alley. I'll add it to my long list...for one day. Hope your ice has melted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood and gore is only one kind of horror. There are many different kinds.

      Delete
  4. Like the Overlook Hotel. Stay out of room 217

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure this one is my cuppa tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks interesting. Trailers always do a good job of catching your interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they! I wonder who plans what to include so it serves the marketing department so well.

      Delete
  7. I wonder if it's as good as the trailer suggests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is enjoyable, not big and splashy and not suddenly shocking but more personal.

      Delete