Saturday, February 25, 2023

I Lost My Body

I Lost My Body is a 2019 award-winning animated film. It's not a children's film. I don't know what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:



IndieWire calls it "profoundly moving". Rogert Ebert's web site says, "“I Lost My Body,” a surprise winner of the Critics’ Week Grand Prize this year at Cannes (the first animated movie to do so), is a visually sumptuous slice of macabre storytelling..." Rotten Tomatoes has a 97% critics consensus score.

12 comments:

  1. ...and a mind is a sad thing to loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch a lot of animated films, but this one sounds like it has great reviews. Have a super start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animation for adults is tricky. This film gets it right.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, maybe something to watch when the Eldest comes to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it, I couldn't watch the trailer here. Enjoy your weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think they'd want the trailers widely viewed... :(

      Delete
  5. Okay--I watched it. Drew you in and you couldn't help but become glued to the screen. Was fascinating but I am still not sure what I was supposed to get out of it. That you should be willing to take chances--jump outside the box--against fate--no matter the cost? Or that the boy grew up and felt he finally paid the price for killing his parents (he may have thought)? Did he live or die? Did he get down off that crane? macabre storytelling to be sure. One to ponder on for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stories told in flashback aren't my favorites, but I think this is effective, beginning with the hand. It makes it more shocking for me and the ending more hopeful. It does lead to more thoughtful consideration than many films do.

      Delete