Saturday, February 04, 2023

Glass Onion

Glass Onion is a 2022 sequel (of sorts) to Knives Out, but stands alone without watching the original. Not quite as good as the original in my opinion, Glass Onion is still a hilarious film featuring Daniel Craig as the private investigator Benoit Blanc. I'll keep an eye out for more sequels, because I'm now a fan. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:



AV Club says, "it’s nothing less than perfect crowd-pleasing counter-programming for folks craving something that isn’t either superhero or horror-related." Roger Ebert's site has a positive review. Vulture likes it better than the original. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 93% and an even higher audience score.

16 comments:

  1. Something about the hype turned me off, maybe I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did get the hype, but to be honest without that I wouldn't've known about this or Knives Out either one.

      Delete
  2. I liked this film. Daniel Craig did a great job. And even better, I actually have seen something you write about-smile. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun when most people have seen a film :)

      Delete
  3. ...something that isn’t either superhero or horror, sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or romance... It seems like I'm seeing more romance.

      Delete
  4. I didn't see the original, although I really enjoyed this. Now I want to see the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is well worth seeing. I saw it before there was news about a sequel.

      Delete
  5. This was good and funny! ave a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely loved this movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already seen the first one twice lol. I'm looking forward to the next.

      Delete
  7. I've seen the first one and loved it. I would like to rewatch that one before I see this second one, actually. (Just an excuse to see the first one again--lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't need to re-watch the first one for the sake of understanding the second one, but just for the fun of it :)

      Delete
  8. Never heard of either of these, so I have nothing to compare either to.

    ReplyDelete