Sunday, June 05, 2022

The Sixth Sense

The Sixth Sense is a 1999 M. Night Shyamalan film starring Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment. I'm not sure how I never saw this one, but I never had. CJ and Erika gave me encouragement on Facebook, and I'm glad I watched it (on Amazon Prime). It is a powerful movie about love and loss and unfinished business.

trailer:



Spirituality and Practice says, "This psychological thriller has vibrant emotional clout given the astonishing performances by Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis." Roger Ebert opens a positive review by saying, ""The Sixth Sense" isn't a thriller in the modern sense, but more of a ghost story of the sort that flourished years ago, when ordinary people glimpsed hidden dimensions." Rotten Tomatoes has an audience consensus score of 90%.

12 comments:

  1. One of my favorite movies. I didn't see the ending coming the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it coming at all! I need to watch it again.

      Delete
  2. ...I have never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me, though I'd heard of it.

      Delete
  3. This sounds good! Have a great new week! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent movie! Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to like it this much.

      Delete
  6. I was surprised by the ending when I saw this on TV several years ago. I actually enjoyed it. A thriller, but not in the usual sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet another Bruce Willis triumph :)

      Delete