Sunday, June 19, 2022

The Ritual

The Ritual is a 2017 British horror film. I watched it on Netflix. Piece of advice: Never cut through the forest.

trailer:


The LA Times says
“The Ritual” is efficient and highly effective in its style, relying on sound, creepy production design, and the men’s own fear and misjudgment to create the sense of pervasive doom. We don’t see the monster in too much detail, leaving the mystery intact, but the creature design is stunningly original.
Forbes concludes, "if you like horror, sure, I’d give it a shot." Roger Ebert's site calls it "atmospheric" and "effectively moody".

14 comments:

  1. I think, living in a forest, I'd best avoid this one!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, yes, although I think living in a forest would be wonderful!

      Delete
  2. ...few thing pass your notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought so. The woods can be scary.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps it's a good thing I don't have Netflix, because I am really scared when something jumps out at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix is where I'm currently finding K Dramas and food-oriented shows like Somebody Feed Phil.

      Delete
  5. Didn't like it when I tried to watch it a couple years back. But you know I am not a real horror fan--LOL! No surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had read and loved the book this movie is based on. I think they did a good job with the film.

      Delete
  6. I loved this film! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered through woods enough to "get" it lol

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. The ideas in horror films make for interesting walks in the woods ;)

      Delete