Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Man Who Changed His Mind

The Man Who Changed His Mind is a 1936 British horror film starring Boris Karloff as the mad scientist:

"I was the leading surgeon in Genoa - the greatest authority upon the human brain,
until I told them something about their own brains.
Then they said I was mad. Look at me. Am I mad?"

Well, yes, since you asked, yes. You are mad.

I love the hats in these old movies:


via Youtube:


This doesn't seem to be much reviewed, and I imagine it was dismissed as a stiff, inconsequential effort not worth reviewing. It's fun if you're a Karloff fan.


8 comments:

  1. I agree the hats & sometimes those really big should pads. I'm a hat wearer so I'm always looking for new ideas. Boris I think was the quintessential doctor or scientist gone to the dark side - too bad he did not live long enough for the Star Wars movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently took shoulder pads out of an old jacket lol Maybe I should've left them... ;) I just looked, and he died in 1969 and worked until the year of his death, so he didn't really miss it by much. That is a shame. He'd have been fun to see in some of the newer sf movies.

      Delete
  2. I love Karloff. His voice is so mesmerizing. I like the hats and dresses from the old movies, but I'd never wear them. I tore all the shoulder pads from my jackets when shoulder pads were big in the 1980s. I felt like I was a linebacker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That man did have a way about him. He seemed to be enjoying himself :) I wore the shoulder pads, but I looked ridiculous lol

      Delete
  3. When I think of old horror movies, Bori Karloff springs to mind, he is such an iconic actor of horror films and I seem to remember him being English too 😀. Enjoy your week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Born in what is now London, according to Wikipedia, but he began his acting career in Canada. He is the face that comes to mind, isn't he! From 1918 through posthumous releases years after his death. He spanned generations.

      Delete
  4. I remember this one from way back when! I used to love Boris Karloff. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always fun to watch and listen to. I'm glad he has such a large body of work.

      Delete