Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Rushmore

Rushmore is a 1998 award-winning Wes Anderson film. I tend to like movies by this director, and this is widely considered one of his best. It stars Jason Schwartzman, Olivia Williams, and Bill Murray.

Part of the movie takes place during the Christmas season.

trailer:



The Guardian calls it an "outrageous, genre-defying movie" and "a finely-judged parable on the line between self-delusion and reality." Rolling Stone has a positive review. Empire Online concludes, "Offbeat and off centre highschool movie with ascerbic one liners delivered by a superb cast. A real treat."

Roger Ebert has a review from the time of the film's release. 89% of Rotten Tomatoes critics reviewers gave it positive reviews.

12 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this one, but I do like Bill Murray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wes Anderson and Bill Murray make a great team!

      Delete
  2. I've not seen this yet, but it sounds good. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know this film, but it must be interesting with Bill Murray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this was Murray's first Wes Anderson film, but it's a match made in Heaven :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen this one, it sounds like this film that could make you laugh or cry - interesting 😀. I hope you are having a great week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Wes Anderson films laugh-out-loud funny, but you need a quirky sense of humor ;)

      Delete
  5. I can't believe I missed this one with Bill Murray in it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually heard of this film, but never saw it. The trailer had me laughing from the very beginning. It really looks like a gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Anderson's films. Life Aquatic is probably my favorite, but I've not seen any I didn't get a kick out of.

      Delete