Saturday, June 10, 2023

Victor/Victoria

Victor/Victoria is an award-winning 1982 musical comedy film written and directed by Blake Edwards and starring Julie Andrews, James Garner, Robert Preston, and Lesley Ann Warren. I have always loved this movie and rewatched it (on Max) in honor of Pride Month. Also, Robert Preston is always a joy to behold, and I'll watch anything just knowing he's in it. And Leslie Ann Warren! Perfect!



Roger Ebert gives it a positive review and closes with this:
Because they all seem to be people first and genders second, they see the humor in their bewildering situation as quickly as anyone, and their cheerful ability to rise to a series of implausible occasions makes “Victor/Victoria” not only a funny movie, but, unexpectedly, a warm and friendly one.

97% of Rotten Tomatoes critics love it.

12 comments:

  1. At last something I've heard of! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! A lot of these movies are ones I'd never heard of before, but this one I had seen.

      Delete
  2. I remember hearing about this movie but I never actually saw it. I put it on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't thought about this film for a long long time. I remember seeing it a long long time ago. I think using the word long twice is my thing this morning-smile. Have a great weekend Nita. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I last saw it, too.

      Delete
  4. ...Pride sure has become a hot button issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW I have seen this one and it was quite fun. I enjoyed it a LOT. So glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this movie. And yes -- Robert Preston was a gem, as always!

    ReplyDelete