Friday, June 02, 2023

Spiderman: Homecoming

Spiderman: Homecoming is a 2017 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character. This is yet another re-boot and is the first film in a trilogy. It stars Tom Holland as Spider-Man, and Michael Keaton, Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Bokeem Woodbine, Tyne Daly, Marisa Tomei, and Robert Downey Jr. Spiderman isn't one of my favorite of the comic book superheroes, but this re-boot does a better job of engaging those of us who are older and is a better addition to the Marvel Universe. I'm glad I gave it a chance. We watched it on Disney+.

trailer:



The Guardian calls it "a crowd-pleasing triumph: a whip-smart teen movie with a charming central turn from Tom Holland". 92% of Rotten Tomatoes critics loved it.

We've seen and enjoyed the second movie in this trilogy -Spiderman: Far from Home- but not yet the third.

16 comments:

  1. It had a lot of big names I recognized. The trailer didn't make me want to search for it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family is big into the superheroes. I'm a late convert lol

      Delete
  2. ...this has never been my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is, so I have grown to love them from exposure.

      Delete
  3. I've seen the first two, also. Pretty good entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We'll see the 3rd one sometime, I'm sure :)

      Delete
  4. We just watched a Spiderman that had all three Spideys: Toby Maguire, Tom Holland, and Andrew Garfield. Spiderman: No Way Home. We must have seen this on Netflix because we don't get Disney. There was a part where the 3 actors were talking together about their roles. Very funny if you get to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit that I have NEVER seen a spiderman movie! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't've either, but for the husband and kids...

      Delete
  6. Might be a fun one to watch with my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think peoples opinions often are based on childhood experiences with comic books. This is why Spiderman who is my favorite character tends to be so popular, he is just a kid with the same sort of problems as many kids with powers to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no childhood experience with comic books. Well, except for that life of Christ comic book... I think I still have that. I met my to-be-husband when I was 17, and he introduced me to comics book superheroes.

      Delete
  8. I've missed this franchise. Not that big on superheroes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come to appreciate them, some more than others...

      Delete