Thursday, June 01, 2023

The Sword and the Sorcerer

The Sword and the Sorcerer is a 1982 sword and sorcery fantasy film I watched in memory of George Maharis, who died late last month. He is better known for his role in the TV series Route 66. Brave heroes, evil villains, epic battles, and ooo what a cool sword! I watched it on Tubi, but it's available free on other sites as well.

trailer:



Horror Cult Films has a positive review, noting that it was the most commercially successful independent film of its year. JoBlo calls it a "fantasy classic".

12 comments:

  1. ...yes, I remember him driving along Route 66!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect for a break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the mindless entertainment I'm so fond of lol

      Delete
  3. I'll pass, but I know you probably enjoyed yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it, but not my cup of tea! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the preview and couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know he really did any movies. Loved Route 66.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know him at all lol I never watched Route 66.

      Delete