Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Black Hole (1979)

The Black Hole is a 1979 science fiction film starring Maximilian Schell, Robert Forster, Joseph Bottoms, Yvette Mimieux, Anthony Perkins and Ernest Borgnine, while the voices of the main robot characters are provided by Roddy McDowall and Slim Pickens. I saw this in the theater when it first came out, and thought it mind-numbingly bad. Sooo bad. I decided to give it another chance (Disney+). It was as bad as I remember. It's a bit of a cult classic among science fiction fans -and I get that- but I'm not joing the cult.

trailer:



11 comments:

  1. ...would the third time be the charm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember this one at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it made a big impression on us. You're younger, though, so by the time you'd have seen it this movie would've mercifully sunk into obscurity.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're both not around much, it seems... I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL {hugs}

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your kind wishes. Sorry I deleted original comment, it read - Yes, I remember this not being that good (smile!). 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a definite pass for me--lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you for T. I hope you are OK!

    I like sci fi, but I've never heard of this film. Guess I won't be joining the cult either, since I don't get Disney +.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok but so much is going on with The Husband's moving back to Memphis. I'll have an update on tomorrow's blog post. Thanks for checking on me :)

      Delete