Monday, June 19, 2023

The Vast of Night

The Vast of Night is a 2019 American science fiction mystery film directed by Andrew Patterson. The film follows young switchboard operator Fay Crocker (Sierra McCormick) and radio disc jockey Everett Sloan (Jake Horowitz) as they discover a mysterious audio frequency that could be extraterrestrial in origin. I watched it on Amazon Prime. I love this one and will gladly re-watch it. What a treat!

trailer:



The Guardian calls it "mesmerising retro sci-fi". Empire Online concludes, "The Vast Of Night is a modest film about small-town dreamers that delivers big-time rewards and announces a singular, exciting talent in director Andrew Patterson." Roger Ebert's site closes a glowing review with this: "This is an astonishing first feature. It works like gangbusters, start to finish." 93% of Rotten Tomatoes critics love it.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great film. I will look for it on Prime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely put this on my watchlist. Interesting such good reviews for a first time director. Thanks! I seldom search on Prime because most things I go to look for they want me to pay for--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I skip over any I have to buy or rent. Too much available through the services I'm already paying for. Renting feels like paying twice lol

      Delete
    2. I totally feel the same way...like I am being ripped off by Amazon.

      Delete
  4. This one sounds good. I'm writing it down as a suggestion to the hubby when we are having difficulty finding something were both want to watch. Happy new week.

    ReplyDelete