Saturday, June 17, 2023

A Day at the Races 42


from the Tootsie-Frootsie Ice Cream scene from A Day at the Races:




*******

For the last several years The Husband's work has had him living about 2 hours away. He came home on weekends (Thursday night through Saturday midday for him), and I would sometimes go visit him. He's being transferred back to Memphis, and we are in the process of moving his stuff back to the townhouse. I've let the blogging part of my life go to pot, sadly. I'm able to keep up with Facebook on my phone, but don't do any blogging that way. I hope to be back in the swing of things by mid-July. I'm sure it'll take some effort to mesh our ways back into common living -our eating habits and schedules, for example, couldn't be more different- but we are so grateful we can be back together full time!

7 comments:

  1. I never noticed that at a Day in the Races. 😺Love it. Sounds like you're going to be Newlyweds again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be happy he's coming back home. Wow, that must have been tough Nita. But you do what you must do, right? Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to being newlyweds again--lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living apart like that must have been incredibly difficult for both of you. I suspect getting back to living together will take some doing, too. I'm glad you shared this with us.

    I see you found another elusive 42, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you will be back together full time :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news that your husband is back home with you full time. You are right about an adjustment period, but enjoy the transition. Combining two households will has be a challenge of where to put all the duplicates. This was a funny 42 find.

    ReplyDelete