Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Three Thousand Years of Longing

Three Thousand Years of Longing is a 2022 fantasy romantic drama. The Younger Son gave the DVD to me as a present when it came out, but this time I watched it on Amazon Prime. Directed by George Miller, it stars Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton. This is a treasure of a film. Always re-watchable.

trailer:

Slant Magazine calls it "An Awe-Inspiring Ode to Storytelling". Roger Ebert's site has a positive review. NPR calls it charming. The Rolling Stone review is here. Empire Online calls it "a modern fairy tale worth seeking out."

12 comments:

  1. I never heard of this, but will have to check it out. Love those two actors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it just as much the second time.

      Delete
  2. I miss you for T, dear. This sounds like a good film and I will look for it on Prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. I enjoy it more each time I see it.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I have this on my list of Netflix DVDs! Hurray! I can take it off that list and watch it on Prime. Definitely plan to watch this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds very interesting! Will keep an eye open if it´s presented on TV sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks very interesting. I'll be checking it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...three thousand years is a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is, made to seem even longer by what filled some of those years!

      Delete