Sunday, November 13, 2022

The Heiress

The Heiress is an award-winning 1949 drama film directed by William Wyler and starring Olivia de Havilland, Montgomery Clift, and Ralph Richardson. It's an adaptation of a stage play which was in turn adapted from the Henry James novel Washington Square.

via Internet Archive:

 

 

Film Site has a lengthy plot description and says, "The top-line, prestige production was directed by William Wyler, a master of romantic period dramas, who had already brought bona-fide classics of literature and the stage to the screen". Criterion has an article. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 100%.

16 comments:

  1. ...critics consensus score of 100%. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This film has a great cast. Sadly, but not unusual, I haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They made some classics back in the 40s.

      Delete
  4. Oh, this one is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had seen this many years ago and wanted to see if it was as I remembered it. (The older I get the harder it is to remember things from decades ago--lol!) Yes--it was as I remembered--and just as delightful--LOL! ;) Woman power! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that! Just not able to remember if I've seen a film 'til I start watching it again lol

      Delete
  6. I can't remember if I've seen this one or not

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet another film I don't know! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are too many movies to know all of them. _Way_ too many!

      Delete
  8. This actually sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and the acting was good in addition to the interesting plot.

      Delete