Monday, November 21, 2022

See How They Run

See How They Run is a 2022 Agatha Christie spoof comedy mystery film. I watched it on HBO Max. This isn't one of those masterpieces highly-praised by film critics that'll be vying for awards in 20 years, but I got such a big kick out of it. This is great fun.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's web site opens a positive review with this:
Your enjoyment of “See How They Run” will depend on your appreciation for its two most prominent elements. The first is the genre of the classic British murder mystery and the names associated with those who created them and those who parodied and meta-commented on them. And the second is the genre of meta-commentary itself. There are air quotes and winks at the audience in almost every scene. I’m fine with both, so since the movie is exceptionally well cast and stylishly filmed, I thought it was a hoot.

16 comments:

  1. British murder mystery = good / Agatha Christie = good / fun = excellent / a perfect recipe for a film :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds HILARIOUS. I wish I had HBO Max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We subscribed to it for a specific show and now we can't seem to let it go lol

      Delete
  4. Sounds like something I might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you end up watching and enjoying it :)

      Delete
  5. I have such bad luck with HBO Max. I went to add this to my list and it said I had no list. Went in and out three times--no list at all. Lost all the things I had on it! Spent quite a while adding things. Just to double check when I came back to your post to see that I had this one on there--now they are all back??? Technology can drive a person nuts! Anyways, it is on my list--currently. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had difficulty with HBO Max. It's one I can access easily on both tv and computer,

      Delete
  6. I don't have HBO. There are so many companies, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many! The money only stretches so far...

      Delete
  7. I wanted to see this. I hope it stays online for a bit. I don't have HBO Max but sometimes do a free month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the services that allow free trials.

      Delete