Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Enola Holmes 2

Enola Holmes 2 is a 2022 mystery film featuring the teenage sister of the already-famous Victorian-era detective Sherlock Holmes. Millie Bobby Brown, Henry Cavill, Helena Bonham Carter, and David Thewlis star. I liked the 1st one better, but it's often the case that the 2nd film in a series is a weaker effort. It was still enjoyable, and I look forward to the 3rd movie. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site has a positive review as does Vulture. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 93%.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the first one yet but it is on my list! Looked entertaining to get a sibling story--lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes sequels lose the oomf of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy when they get a shot at a 3rd.

      Delete
  3. I liked this, and thought it way better than most sequels are. Do you think the third one will be Enola or her brother Sherlock? I'm not sure who the actor is who plays Sherlock but he does a great job. Happy Thanksgiving Nita too Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it'll continue to be Enola, with Holmes as a supporting character. Holmes is Henry Cavill. He is good, isn't he.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cavill

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this film! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I happened to see the original when it was new.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know Sherlock had a sister. I hear Netflix is in trouble financially, as is Disney +.

    This may be later than I hoped since I got a Failed to Publish message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no sister in the original. This is definitely a spin-off with a new character. "Failed to Publish" is getting tiresome :( I'll be glad when they fix it.

      Delete
  7. I do like both of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they did well enough to get sequels.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a fun and enjoyable film, thanks for the recommendations 😊. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete