Friday, February 04, 2022

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Zack Snyder's Justice League is a 2021 director's cut of the Justice League film released back in 2017. Coming in at over 4 hours you might well wonder why watch it, but in many ways this is an entirely different movie and a better one. I watched it on HBO Max.

from Wikipedia:
As details surfaced about the [original 2017] film's troubled production and its state before Snyder stepped down, many fans expressed interest in an alternate cut more faithful to Snyder's vision. Fans and members of the cast and crew petitioned for the release of this, which they nicknamed the Snyder Cut.
...
Zack Snyder's Justice League was released via HBO Max on March 18, 2021. Critics generally considered the film an improvement over the 2017 theatrical release; praise was directed at Snyder's direction and the improved characterization, though the runtime was criticized.
trailer:


14 comments:

  1. ...4 hours is too long for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought, but it flew by!

      Delete
  2. Somehow, I never got into any of those films in that franchise. I'm not sure why, because I like action. I hope you enjoyed it.

    I hope you have power, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like some of them better than others.

      Yes! We lost power from 1 yesterday afternoon 'til 3 this morning, but the temps in the house only got down to 58 and I had flashlights. I was thrilled we got power back so soon, especially since it's only supposed to get up to 31 today Brrr!!!

      Delete
  3. I've seen it and I like these types of films. I must say I'm a bit more of a Marvel fan, as they aren't quite so dark, but this is a good film and worth the 4 hours. Plus you've got to love Wonder Woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll watch any of them, but I'm not re-watching many ;)

      Delete
  4. I’m more of a Marvel fan, especially Thor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen any of the super hero type movies.

    I've probably mentioned these movies before, but just in case:

    Too Late for Tears
    The Killers (1946)
    Detour
    The Bribe (1949)

    (all are 1940s/1950s movies)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sort of movies are not my cup of tea! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't keep track of them all. I rent the DVDs mostly for Dagan and Leah to watch but I know we haven't seen a four hour movie. I'll have to ask them about that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't keep track of them either. I have to ask... now does this one have superman in it? etc. lol

      Delete