Friday, February 25, 2022

The Earrings of Madame de

The Earrings of Madame de​ ... is a 1953 French romantic drama film directed by Max Ophüls and starring Charles Boyer. I watched this on HBO Max. Romantic drama isn't really my thing, but this is a beautiful movie.

trailer:


Senses of Cinema has an article examining the film. Roger Ebert gives it a 4-star review and says it "is one of the most mannered and contrived love movies ever filmed. It glitters and dazzles, and beneath the artifice it creates a heart, and breaks it." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 97%.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like another film to watch when Himself is otherwise occupied with sports

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...it wouldn't interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so much into actual love stories, but something romantic with a bit of suspense (even romantic suspense) is always good. Maybe I will check this out later on today since it's going to snow until this evening. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you like it.

      I've been seeing news about all the snow. It passed us by.

      Delete
  4. sounds like a movie I would like will look for it thanks Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finally came across it on a service I'm already paying for lol I've been looking for it for years.

      Delete
  5. It looks interesting. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I think I should get HBO Max. This is one of those times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want Hulu lol, but I can't have everything.

      Delete
  7. This sounds different, but I don't have the required channel.

    BTW, I saw your remark to Erika. I'll gladly send you MY snow so you don't feel left out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're under an advisory with mixed precip (freezing rain), but I don't expect it to amount to much.

      Delete
  8. I added this movie to my HBOMax list. So much to watch!! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romantic drama is not my cup of tea either, but I will give it a try! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete