Friday, January 03, 2020

The Concordia Deception


The Concordia Deception is a science fiction novel by J.J. Green. I found the Big Reveals no surprise at all, and had guessed them long before they were overtly stated. I wish I had realized this was part 1 in a series before I started it, but I might have read it anyway. I enjoyed it but won't read more from this series. You can read it online here.

description from Google:
Facing the enemy at the gates

All her life Cariad had one dream: to take part in humankind’s colonization of deep space. After topping her field as a geneticist, and then spending 184 years in cryonic suspension, she’s achieved her goal.

But the new planet is not the paradise the scientists predicted. Alien predators come out at night, ready to feast on the new arrivals. What’s more, Cariad discovers that saboteurs have stowed away aboard the ship and are determined to destroy the new colony.

To defeat the settlers’ enemies, she must enlist the help of the disgruntled Gens. These men and women are last in the line of generational colonists who lived and died on the long journey to the stars. And they want their freedom.

Infighting and strife plague Cariad’s efforts. If the colony’s factions don’t pull together, the flame of hope for humanity will be snuffed out.

16 comments:

  1. ...space is one of many subjects that never caught my interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a fan since elementary school.

      Delete
  2. ...yes I know fiction, BUT ... I hate the thought of us going out there to ruin more of creation ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we were trying. If we're gonna use up this planet and throw it away, you'd think it'd make since to at least look around.

      Delete
  3. I’ll take your word for it and give it a bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I read it. It just doesn't engage me enough for me to look for the next book.

      Delete
  4. I bet my hubby would love this book. He likes that sort of thing. I have never dreamt about going into space and don't fancy reading about it either. So I'll take your word for it and leave it well alone.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting, but I think maybe more interesting for somebody less well-read in the genre. I mean, I did see the surprises coming a mile off. It might be that the others in the series, now that those Big Reveals are done, would actually be even better than this. It's just that my tbr stack is so huge!

      Delete
  5. You know I love these tales that relate to science, space, and the future, but I really don't have time to read this right now. I DO have it bookmarked to read later, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear my tbr stack gets bigger faster than I can read, and I read pretty fast lol

      Delete
  6. I'd pass on the obvious plotline. ;) Even if I do like science fiction, life is too short for known mediocre. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not mediocre, but I found this one predictable. Sometimes I think writers spend too much time on set-up in first books in a series. The world as it's envisioned sounds interesting.

      Delete
  7. Not my cup of coffee! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everybody likes science fiction, after all :) So many books...

      Delete
  8. You always find so many books and I don't know how you have time to read them all ...lol 😉. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read as much as I used to now that I watch so many more movies. I miss reading more and hope to vary my reading more in the new year.

      Delete