Friday, January 25, 2019

Blade on the Feather

Blade on the Feather is a 1980 television drama directed by Dennis Potter and starring Donald Pleasence. It's a political thriller, which isn't a genre I favor, but how can you not watch Donald Pleasence given the opportunity?



The New York Times says,
This is pretty strong stuff, of course, but England seems preoccupied in recent years with stories of treason and treachery. In any event, most British television critics were enthusiastic in praising ''Blade on the Feather,'' and with good reason. The intriguing script has been given a marvelous production, with one of those perfect casts the British seem to conjure up so easily and enviably.
NPR describes it as "a psychological chess game about espionage".

10 comments:

  1. I haven't seen or heard of this one before, sounds intriguing! Thanks, I couldn't miss the opportunity to see Donald Pleasence - fabulous 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've forgotten how I came across this... maybe in a Donald Pleasence rabbit hole on the internet lol He is always interesting to watch.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard or seen this one. Donald Pleasence is always a joy to watch whether he's playing a milk toast or someone creepy. I love his best as Blythe, the Forger from The Great Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he has a way about him that makes every character he is interesting to watch.

      Delete
  3. Why don't I know Donald Pleasence? I enjoy British TV so I shall check this one out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been in a lot of films and tv episodes, but I'd be hard-pressed to name one he's best known for.

      Delete
  4. I don't know this film either, but have bookmarked it for watching. It sounds good. I have a bad cold and cough so will be staying home and have some extra time for watching films....Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it and that you're well soon. I favor hot tea and chicken soup and mindless screen time for a cold :)

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Donald Pleasence, but this is my type of film. I can't wait to catch up on everyone's posts so I can watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a treasure! And he's been good in such a variety of roles.

      Delete