Friday, August 23, 2024

The Company of Wolves

The Company of Wolves (Kanopy, Shudder) is an award-winning 1984 British gothic fantasy horror film directed by Neil Jordan and starring Angela Lansbury, David Warner, Micha Bergese, and Sarah Patterson in her film debut. The screenplay by Angela Carter and Jordan was adapted from her 1979 short story of the same name. It's a werewolf tale and a take on the Little Red Riding Hood story. You can't go wrong with Angela Lansbury or David Warner. The movie is well-reviewed. I enjoyed it.

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. I like Angela Lansbury. This sounds good, and I wonder if this Angela Carter (writer) is the same as the Angela Carter the artist? Have a great FRiday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this Angela Carter is an artist, but I don't know...

      Delete
  2. ...sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cast alone, and then the fairy tale connection on top of that...

      Delete
  3. I've started a list of your movie recommendations. Adding this one 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheee! I look forward to your fb movie posts :)

      Delete
  4. I saw "Django" and "Asteroid City" and you know, I would really like to see a film with Alain Delon now... they were the films from our earlier time... you know?
    “The Ice Cold Angel”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The news about Delon was sad, wasn't it :( but I started looking for movies of his on services I subscribe to and was surprised by how few there were :(

      Delete
  5. Yes, Angela is super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew that Angela Lansbury was in any horror movies. Maybe she's been in many and I never knew it because I don't watch them--LOL! That would make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been in just about every kind of movie through the decades.

      Delete
    2. Good for her! :)

      Delete
    3. Brilliant. Her first film was Gaslight back in 1944. You might like that one, too. It's free to watch at this link:
      https://play.xumo.com/free-movies/gaslight-1944/XM0LHMQ1INXMD5

      Delete