Sunday, August 04, 2024

Frantz

Frantz (Amazon Prime, Tubi, Plex) is a 2016 award-winning French/German drama film about a young German woman whose fiancé has been killed in World War I and the French soldier who comes bearing a secret about her fiancé. I can't say enough good things about this film. It had me from beginning to end, and I could re-watch it right now if only there weren't a kajillion movies I haven't seen waiting for me. It takes its time developing, so don't expect action sequences or a fast-moving plot. The characters are well-developed.

trailer:



*******

16 comments:

  1. ...intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added this to my watchlist! Sounds very interesting. I love character movies with good stories.
    Hope you have a great day, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! I'm watching Olympic soccer right now :)

      Delete
  3. Another one for the list when Himself isn't around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was one of my late-night watches.

      Delete
  4. This sounds good, TFS! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find such interesting sounding films to watch. This sounds like a my kind of film. have a super start to the new week Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it :) This week is all about more Olympics.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you really enjoyed this one and it's great when the characters are so well-developed 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. By coincidence I started reading a World War I story today. So it will be a long time before I read another one — if I manage to get through this one. What an appalling war that was!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is a hard war to read about :(

      Delete
  8. Good warning, "It takes its time developing," patience is required.

    ReplyDelete