Saturday, August 17, 2024

Big Night (1996)

Big Night (Hoopla, Paramount+) is an award-winning 1996 comedy-drama film starring Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub as two Italian immigrant brothers trying to make it in the restaurant business on the Jersey Shore in the 1950s. The supporting cast includes Minnie Driver, Ian Holm, Isabella Rossellini, and Allison Janney. It is well reviewed. For example Roger Ebert called it "one of the great food movies, and yet it is so much more". I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The casting is priceless.

trailer:



*******

12 comments:

  1. I like Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub. I bet they are a good combo working together. Have a great Saturday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...now everyone seems to be a foodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many food films these days. I wonder how long ago the first one was.

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun. Hopefully, this will come to the other streaming services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoopla might work for you if there's a library has it that's close enough to make an annual trip in to subscribe...

      Delete
  4. I think I saw this long ago on Netflix. Not there anymore. Not on my Paramount+, either. I might have watched it again just because of Tony Shalhoub. They were so young in this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoopla seems like the only option now :(

      Delete
  5. I've not seen it. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can access it, and I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  6. I've loved this film from the moment I saw it in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're way ahead of me. I had never heard of it.

      Delete