Thursday, August 08, 2024

My Fair Lady

My Fair Lady is a 1964 musical comedy-drama film adapted from the 1956 Lerner and Loewe stage musical based on George Bernard Shaw's 1913 stage play Pygmalion. It stars Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway, and Jeremy Brett. I remember seeing it in the theater. I like this one.

from Wikipedia:
With a screenplay by Alan Jay Lerner and directed by George Cukor, the film depicts a poor Cockney flower-seller named Eliza Doolittle who overhears a phonetics professor, Henry Higgins, as he casually wagers that he could teach her to speak English so well she could pass for a duchess in Edwardian London or better yet, from Eliza's viewpoint, secure employment in a flower shop.
from Daily Motion:



*******

12 comments:

  1. This is a classic! Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Olympics! That's what's in my Thursday. That and laundry lol

      Delete
  2. Not one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a classic movie! One everyone should see once in their life, I think. :)
    How are you doing with the storms down your way? Okay, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storms have passed to our east. We're not even getting rain...

      Delete
  4. This was wonderful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This film is eye candy from start to finish. Gorgeous Audrey, gorgeous costumes and fabulous set design, wonderful music -- a little long, but then what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Audrey Hepburn and this movie are classics.

    ReplyDelete