Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Rhinoceros

Rhinoceros (YouTube) is a 1974 comedy film about the residents of a large town inexplicably turning into rhinoceroses. It's based on the play Rhinocéros by Eugène Ionesco. It was part of a series of film adaptations of plays. The film was not well reviewed at the time of its release and is generally thought not to abide by the true spirit of the play. The movie stars Zero Mostel, Gene Wilder, and Karen Black, though, so I'm good. You can't go wrong with that cast.

via YouTube:



*******

10 comments:

  1. ...what a cast of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember this one, but that cast. Another on the to watch list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched a show recently about Gene Wilder. I think on Netflix. He had an interesting career. But I don't remember them mentioning this one. But maybe I just missed that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Gene Wilder. One of my favorites is The Little Prince.

      Delete
  4. Now THAT is a cast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a strange story with an interesting cast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on both counts lol It's definitely different, and that cast!

      Delete