Sunday, August 18, 2024

Asteroid City

Asteroid City (Amazon Prime) is a 2023 comedy-drama film written, directed, and produced by Wes Anderson and starring an ensemble cast that includes Jason Schwartzman, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hanks, Jeffrey Wright, Tilda Swinton, Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Adrien Brody, Liev Schreiber, Hope Davis, Steve Park, Rupert Friend, Maya Hawke, Steve Carell, Matt Dillon, Hong Chau, Willem Dafoe, Margot Robbie, Tony Revolori, Jake Ryan, and Jeff Goldblum. I missed Bill Murray, but according to Wikipedia:
Bill Murray was originally cast as the motel manager, but had to drop out of the role due to being infected with COVID-19, leading to Carrell playing the part instead. However, after his recovery, he arrived at the film set in Spain, and while Anderson could not add another role to the film, he gave Murray the role of Tab Whitney, the actor playing Jock Larkings, business titan of the company bearing his name, which was an additional character created for a short promotional film trailer.
If you like Wes Anderson movies you'll like this. I do, and I did.

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. ...Bill Murray is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I always enjoy him with Wes Anderson.

      Delete
  2. That looks hilarious.
    Out west, Westjet has had to cancel 30 flights a day. A hail storm went through Alberta and dented a lot of their fleet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness!! How did I miss this one. What a cast. I shall add it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! It took me longer to actually get around to this one for some reason.

      Delete
  5. Quite the cast of characters, I will have to check that one out. Too bad about Bill Murray, I tend to love anything he is in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you can make a real Wes Anderson movie without him lol

      Delete
  6. I'm sure it's good if Tom Hanks is in it! Hope you have an amazing rest of the summer!

    xoxo, MidoriLinea

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/panda-village-koala-world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer's about over, I guess, and September almost here.

      Delete
  7. I adore Wes Anderson -- and yes, I did! Very much!

    ReplyDelete