Thursday, May 09, 2024

Jacob's Ladder

Jacob's Ladder (Amazon Prime) is a 1990 psychological horror film starring Tim Robbins as Jacob Singer, an American infantryman whose experiences before and during his service in Vietnam result in strange, fragmentary visions and bizarre hallucinations that continue to haunt him. As his ordeal worsens, Jacob desperately attempts to figure out the truth. A powerful film. I couldn't look away.

trailer:



Reviews were mostly positive, including that of Roger Ebert.

16 comments:

  1. ...I'm familiar with the plant, Jacob's Ladder, Polemonium reptans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis sounded vaguely familiar, but when I watched the preview I don't think I actually watched it. I might have just heard about it at the time. I was too poor in 1970 to go to the movie theater and didn't even own a TV--lol! Too bad you have to pay to see it now on Prime. That is what annoys me so much about Prime. You pay so much for Prime but most of the movies I want to see you have to pay for. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pay extra lol. What I pay for subscriptions is enough. This was available without paying extra when I watched it, or I'd not have watched it ;)

      Delete
  4. Another great movie. We really enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with Tim Robbins, I think I'll give it a pass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you on the blogosphere Nita. I haven't seen this film, but it sounds pretty good. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'll be back on a regular basis. I opened up my laptop today, and it felt so strange!

      Delete
  7. Wow, he is soooo young there! And, my... scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've never been through anything like that.

      Delete
  8. I'll have to take a gander at this

    ReplyDelete