Wednesday, May 29, 2024

I, Pastafari

I, Pastafari (Tubi) is a 2019 documentary film featuring members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as they practice and campaign politically, legally and socially to obtain the same privileges and legal exemptions granted to other religions. Tennessee is featured in one section. Fascinating. I remember all this from its 2005 beginnings, and it's interesting to see how the movemwnt has developed. I'm in sympathy with them, as I favor no religious exemptions for any reason. Make rules that apply to everybody.

trailer:



*******

12 comments:

  1. Thanks, I will watch this. All people are equal, but some are more equal than others....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People don't take other people's beliefs seriously.

      Delete
  2. This is based on real events?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, definitely! It's an actual thing.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Very interesting.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard the name, but now I know something about them. Now I'm really curious about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard to take a religion seriously when it's this recent and this off-beat.

      Delete
  5. I remember hearing about them back when. So they are still around. What's fair should be fair for everyone, I agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many recent movements that claim religious status. I think we should disadvantage religion completely.

      Delete