Saturday, May 25, 2024

Bagdad Cafe

Bagdad Cafe (Amazon Prime) is a 1987 award-winning English-language West German film starring Marianne Sägebrecht, CCH Pounder, and Jack Palance,. It is a comedy-drama set in a remote truck stop and motel in the Mojave Desert in the U.S. state of California. Inspired by Carson McCullers' novella The Ballad of the Sad Café (1951), the film centers on two women who have recently separated from their husbands, and the blossoming friendship that ensues. This is delightful. I can't recommend it enough. See this film!

trailer:



*******

16 comments:

  1. ...an English-language West German film, really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect choice to watch in the sunroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, but _anything_ would be perfect in that perfect sunroom :)

      Delete
  3. I remember when that came out. I didn't see it though. I think I may need to put it on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds interesting. Looks like a great one for the holiday coming up too. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. I'm impressed with it. I'd definitely watch it again.

      Delete
  5. I LOVED this film! Wonderful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to watch this and something else came up. I'm watching Atlas on Netflix right now. It is stupid. It's a one timer for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check Atlas. I haven't heard of it.

      Delete
  7. I remember this unexpectedly wonderful film! Yes, I might have to watch it again. Forgot all about it, but I do love unusual films where people can change for the better. Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way the characters grow and interact with one another is such a joy!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the recommendation.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete