Friday, May 24, 2024

The Great Wall (2016)

The Great Wall (Netflix) is a 2016 monster film directed by Zhang Yimou. An American and Chinese co-production starring Matt Damon, Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe, and Andy Lau, the plot centers on two European mercenary warriors (Matt Damon and Pedro Pascal) imprisoned by imperial Chinese forces within the Great Wall of China after arriving in search of gunpowder, eventually joining forces with the Chinese to help combat an alien threat. The Great Wall is Zhang's first English-language film. And now we know what the Great Wall was really for. Great fun! I'd happily watch this again.

trailer:



*******

20 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...have great fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one, but it sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this movie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually watched this...because of Matt Damon--lol! ;)
    Have a great holiday weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt Damon is definitely watchable lol

      Delete
  6. This one sounds interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it. I'll always remember it whenever the Great Wall gets a mention lol

      Delete
  7. I definitely want to watch this one! TFS. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just watched this, again. Love this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I will never hear the Great Wall spoken of again without thinking of this movie.

      Delete
  9. Sounds a good one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops hope my comment came through ... something strange happened when I hit publish!
    Sounds a good film.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went to spam. I've been checking the spam folder every time I come to approve comments.

      Delete