Sunday, October 01, 2023

The Lure

The Lure is a 2015 Polish musical horror film. It tells of two sirens who emerge from the waters and perform in a nightclub. One falls in love with a man and gives up her tail, but loses her voice in the process. The story is a reworking of the 1837 fairy tale "The Little Mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen. To be honest, I'd forgotten this one 'til I read the plot description. Now that I remember it, I remember liking it. I should write these up when I watch them instead of making a place holder on Blogger and coming back to the post later. That system used to work fine, but it's not serving me well these days.

trailer:



Reviews were positive. Roger Ebert's site calls it "weird" and says it deserves to be seen. Slant Magazine has a positive review as does The Hollywood Reporter.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Have a great October, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long way from the Little Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Closer to the original than Disney ever got ;)

      Delete
  3. ...you sure don't miss a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound weird. Where did you watch it?
    Isn't it strange that we have to ask where these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max. Yes, way too many streaming services.

      Delete
  5. A musical horror. I don't know why that makes me laugh. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Musical" and "horror" borders oxymoron in my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you. If I don't do it, I forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to do better, but it's too late for this year...

      Delete